5.23.2017

Poems & Prayers

I have collected some poems and prayers I hope help someone in their time of need. Sometimes trying to find the right words is hard when you are going through a tragic time in your life. God Bless

#1
Comfort me with Your love O God
Wrap me up in Your strong embrace
Shelter me from the storm O Lord
Envelop me in Your tender care

By day I pour out my heartbreak to You
By night I give you my racing thoughts

In You I take refuge
In You I will not be afraid
For you hold me strong, You hold me safe

Calm my fearful heart O God
Still my anxious mind O Lord

For all my life is found in You
All my being is given to You
All my hope begins in You

 #2
Lord, at the moment nothing seems to be able to help the loss I feel.
My heart is broken and my spirit mourns.
All I know is that Your grace is sufficient.
This day, this hour
Moment by moment
I choose to lean on You,
For when I am at my weakest Your strength is strongest.
I pour out my grief to You
And praise You that on one glorious day
When all suffering is extinguished and love has conquered
We shall walk together again.

 #3
Our Father in heaven, may Your Name be honored. There is none greater than You. You are our refuge and strength. You are always ready to help in times of trouble. We praise You, Lord. We lift our hearts with praise. It is good to sing praises to You, our God; how delightful and how right! Lord, You are great and mighty in power. Your understanding is infinite. We thank You, Father, for the life of our loved one(s) who have gone on to be with You. Thank You for their time on earth and the impact they had on our lives. We are thankful to You and we bless Your Name.


#4
Father, You can count the stars and call them all by name. Your power is absolute. Your understanding is beyond comprehension. You support the humble and bring the wicked down into the dust. You comfort those who mourn. We declare that those grieving the death of a loved one; mourning will turn into dancing. We confess that You are their rock, fortress, and Savior in whom they will find protection. You are their shield, and the strength of their salvation. Father, You are their stronghold. As they call on You, You have promised to answer. We believe that You will be with them during this period of bereavement, rescue them from grief, honor them, and give them Your salvation.


#5
Father, we ask You to send Your peace to those persons who are mourning. Continue to surround them with family, friends and loved ones who will offer words of comfort. Give them sweet and restful sleep. Father, remove the spirit of heaviness, and give them garments of praise. In due time, bless their lives to overflow with laughter and joy again. As they take refuge in You, please help them to put their trust in You. Holy Spirit, we ask that You settle the hearts and minds of those who are feeling any guilt, resentment, bitterness, or anger. Help them not to look back but to press forward.

 #6
Father, forgive the bereaved for any sins they have committed through thoughts, words, or deeds. Forgive them if they have not meditated on Your Word to find comfort. Father, forgive them if they have not been totally submissive to Your perfect will for their lives. Forgive them for any hurtful things they may have said or done to the deceased. Lord, help them to forgive the deceased if necessary. Please remind them of anyone they need to forgive; and help them to forgive quickly.

#7
Loving Father, I am finding it so hard to even get up out of bed to start the day, knowing that I have to face it alone and without the one I love so dearly – I know that without Your grace and sufficiency I could never get through the day – but I thank You that You have promised to be with me and to provide me with Your strength for the day as well as bright hope for tomorrow.

I can’t imagine tomorrow being anything but a day filled with pain – as I do not have my loved one beside me, but I ask that in Your grace You will give me the strength to get through today, step by step – knowing that You are there to carry me, even when my heart seems to fail from the grief and pain that I am going through.

Thank You that You have promised to carry our pain and thank You that Your grace is sufficient for every eventuality in our lives. Give me the strength and to cope with the loneliness I feel and help me to move forward in my life-plans, knowing that You are with me, to support and strengthen.

Give me hope for tomorrow – for my hope and my trust is in You, Lord. Hold me close I pray and thank You for always being with me and the great comfort that I have in knowing You, as my own dear Saviour and friend. Amen
 
#8
Loving Lord and Heavenly king, I want to lift up some dear friends of mind that are going through much grief at the moment and are finding it so difficult to come to terms with all that has taken place in the last few days…

I humbly ask that You would come to them and provide the comfort they need to come to terms with all that has happened – and the strength to face the reality that things will never be as they were.

Lord I know that their grief seems to be overwhelming them and I am hurting for them, and know not what to do to help – and so I am coming to You to in prayer, to ask that You will meet each of them at their point of need and help them to turn to You at this sad time.

I pray that as the day passes Your healing touch will comfort and succour them in this time of distress and may this be a thing that causes each of them to draw closer to You, knowing that You alone can heal the broken-hearted and bring joy out of pain.

Thank You Lord for being there for me and into Your hands I place each one of these dear ones who have such sadness in their hearts – I KNOW in Whom I believe and an confident that You will bring good out of this situation – and to You be all the praise and glory, Amen


 #9
Loving Lord I am filled with grief and sadness at the loss of my precious loved one – and yet that pain is tinged with gold, knowing that they trusted you as their Saviour and that they are now in Your presence.

I know that I am going to miss this precious one, who has been my strength and my joy for so long, and thank You for the precious times we had together.

Often Lord I expect my dear one to just be there, or walk through the door – and then remember that they have gone home to be with You. At times this is quite hard and yet I know that I must not grieve as those that have not hope in Jesus – but rejoice knowing that the day is coming when we will be together with You and You will wipe away all tears from our eyes – but at the moment my loss is like an open wound – and I pray that You will heal my brokenness and the loneliness I feel… and draw me every closer into Your arms of love my Lord and my God.

Thank You for all You are to me and may I rest in You in Jesus name, Amen


 #10
My heart is reaching out to you,
For what you’re going through;
I’m thinking of you frequently
And praying for you, too.

If there’s something I can do,
Anything at all,
Think of me thinking of you,
And don’t hesitate to call.


 #11
When someone we love passes away,
We ache, but we go on;
Our dear departed would want us to heal,
After they are gone.

Grief is a normal way to mend
The anguish and pain in our hearts;
We need time to remember and time to mourn,
Before the recovery starts.

Let’s draw together to recuperate,
As we go through this period of sorrow;
Let’s help each other, with tender care
To find a brighter tomorrow.

 #12
If we could bring you back again,
For one more hour or day,
We’d express all our unspoken love;
We’d have countless things to say.
If we could bring you back again,
We’d say we treasured you,
And that your presence in our lives
Meant more than we ever knew.
If we could bring you back again,
To tell you what we should,
You’d know how much we miss you now,
And if we could, we would.

#13
O merciful Father in heaven, thank You for being with (name of person) while he/she was in surgery. Thank You for blessing the surgeon with the skill and knowledge needed to do his/her work and safely bringing (name person) through this operation. O gracious Father, bring healing to (name person) and bless him/her with the best care possible as he/she recovers. Continue to bless him/her with your tender care. Grant him/her patience during his/her recuperation, help him/her grow in strength each day, and bring him/her to full recovery quickly, without any setbacks. Amen.”

#14
Heavenly Father, we pray that You will lay your healing Hands upon all those who are sick. We beg You to have compassion on all those who are suffering so that they may be delivered from their pitiful circumstances. In Jesus, we pray. Amen.


Prayer for recovery
“Today I lifted up your name before the Lord in prayer. I asked him to supply your needs, and keep you in his care. I pled with him to make you well, and take away your illness and pain, like the sunshine chases rain. A


 Prayer Of Comfort For A Dying Mother
Dear Lord Jesus, my mother is getting increasingly frail and weak and it is distressing to see her becoming so infirm and helpless. Comfort her I pray as she lies on her bed of sickness, and give her Your perfect peace in her heart.

I ask that You would send comfort and support to all those that love You and may this time of illness be a time that draws each member of the family back into a closer walk with Jesus.

Thank You for my mother and for all that she means to me. I ask that You comfort my heart too and give me the strength to care for her as she waits to be called home to be with You in glory,

Thank You in Jesus name

Amen

 Prayer of Comfort In A Time Of Loss
Dear Lord Jesus - I feel so alone. I have lost my friend and partner of a life-time and it is quite daunting to know that I will never see them again – on earth.

I want to thank You for always being there for me . Thank You that You are with me in all the sadness that I am going through and may I rest in Your arms – knowing that no matter what happens You are always there to be my comfort and guide.

I pray that when those dark times come when sadness wells up wthin my heart that You will be there to comfort and help.

Thank You Jesus. Amen

 For Those Facing Loss Of A Loved One

Loving Father we bring those to You who are facing the loss of a loved one today – and we pray Your special grace and comfort to all who are grieving at this time.

You are the great God of comfort and we pray that You would reach out Your arm of love and draw all who are having to face a life on their own – a life without their loved one, to Yourself.

We pray that Your Holy Spirit would comfort all those that trust in Jesus as their Saviour, knowing that we will one day meet again with loved ones who die in the Lord – but we also pray for those that do not know You and pray that at this time of sadness You would draw especially close to them. Give them the love and comfort that only comes from You and bring them into saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ in Whose name we pray,

Amen

 Prayer For Loss Of A Pet

Dear heavenly Father, You made such a beautiful world and filled it with so much loveliness.. and we thank You for the animals and birds  and particularly for the pets that mean so much to us and which help to brighten the lives of so many people.

But Lord You know that too often the lives of our pets pass away long before we do and it is so hard to say goodbye when a faithful and much-loved animal is finally laid to rest.

So as we say our goodbyes to this special animal that we have all grown to love so much.. we ask for Your loving-comfort to fill each of our hearts.. knowing that we all are feeling an aching void inside.

Look down especially we pray on all those who may be going through a similar heartbreak of losing of their own pet – especially we lift up those people that are old and lonely or infirm and isolated. Draw close to all who are morning the loss of a pet today and may this be a time when each one of us draws closer to You, with grateful thanks for all Your goodness and grace to us , in Jesus name we pray,

Amen

A Prayer To God In Time Of Great Sadness

O Lord God we come to You at this time of great shock and grief and ask that in Your grace, You would shed Your peace and comfort to all who are mourning this death - that was so sudden and so very unexpected.

Lighten our darkness O Lord we pray, and comfort our sorrowing hearts. Pour Your peace that passes all understanding into the hearts of all that are grieving and shower the assurance of Your love on all - at this time of sadness.

Lord we are not to grieve as those who have no hope - those that have not trusted in Christ as Saviour, for our hope and trust is in You and our eyes are looking to You for strength, encouragement and comfort at this time of great sadness.

Lord it is at a time like this that we suddenly begin to realize the great frailty of life and the brief portion that we are permitted on this earth. Cause all who are grieving here today to take stock of our own, individual lives and help us to be wise and to number our days. Help us to live our lives as unto the Lord, knowing that at any time You may choose to call us home as well.

Thank You Father, that our times ARE in Your hands and there are no sudden deaths in Your economy. May we live wisely from this day forward and use us we pray, to be a comfort to others who may experience similar times of great sadness, In Jesus name we pray,

Amen


Prayer About a Violent Death
Father we bring before You those that have had the devastating experience of having someone close to them that they know and love, suffer a sudden, violent and needless death. Lord how we grieve for those that are having to experience this right now, and we pray that in Your grace You would look down with pity and mercy and meet them right at their point of need.

Lord You are the one Who was sent to heal the broken-hearted and comfort those that mourn and are heavy-laden. You are the One Who promised that Your grace is sufficient for every eventuality – even for those having to face the sudden and violent death of someone close to them. Draw near to them we pray and lift them up into You arms of love and carry them during this time of suffering and grief for You have promised that underneath are Your everlasting arms..

Lord as we lift up in prayer those that are having to come to terms with the sudden and violent death of a loved one – we pray that You would use this tragedy to be the thing that starts to draw each suffering soul into the tender arms of their Saviour – the Lord Jesus Christ, in Whose name we pray,

Amen.


Prayer About an Unexpected Death
Heavenly Father we know and believe that our times are in Your hands, but Lord it’s so often such a shock to us when a dear loved one meets with a sudden or unexpected death - through an accident or perhaps due to some unforeseen tragedy, which takes the life of someone they loved - long before it would be expected.

Lord we bring before You today those who are having to go through such a tragic loss and pray that You would be very close to each one that is in mourning today over such a loss - and are perhaps confused or even angry that such a devastating occurrence has overtaken them - without any apparent warning.

You are the God of all comfort Who comforts us in time of need and we pray that for those that are facing such a difficult trial today. Uphold them we pray, and ask that You draw very close to them … raise up we pray, the right people to minister to them and to be a genuine comfort and support at this time of tragedy and grief.

Lord we don’t understand why our loved ones should suddenly be removed from us through a sudden, unexpected death – but Lord we trust You to soothe away the hurt in time - for shall not the God of all the earth do right…. In Jesus name we pray,

Amen


Prayer Of Helplessness After Tragic Death
Oh Lord, I have neither words to speak nor the strength to stand and I come to You grief-stricken because of this terrible tragic loss - and all I can cry is Abba.. Father. All I can ask is - Why?

Lord You know the shocking facts of this tragic death and You know the deep despair I feel as I now have to face the future alone. Lord I feel so shocked.. so alone.. and so abandoned – so helpless, even though I know within my heart that You are there with me, and have Your loving arms all around me. Draw me very close to Yourself at this time Lord I pray – I need You…

Oh Lord I feel so empty, so hollow – so numb and even afraid of the future. Lord I don’t know what to do or where to turn - except to look to You and plead that in Your grace, You will help me to get through this – and bring me out the other side. Lord, I have no-one but YOU

Help me Lord to come to terms of this tragic death and help me I pray, to face the future with courage. And Lord, although I doubt that You will ever fully answer my question.. “why”, yet I pray that You will give me an understanding heart – and help me to come to terms with what has happened. Be my comfort, my strength and my hope in Whom I trust, in Jesus name I pray,

Amen


Prayer To Let Go - After a Sudden Death

Heavenly Father I come to You knowing that I have to pick up the pieces of my life after this devastating blow, which has left me shocked and grieving. Lord I don’t understand why this sudden death had to happen. But Lord I am looking to You and trusting You to see me through this time of deep and bitter sadness and loss.

Lord I think that the hardest thing is that we never were able to say, “good-bye” properly, There were many things that were left unsaid between us and this has left a deep sadness within my soul –I feel as if my bones are crying out and my breath seems to remain as a lump in my center of my body – a heaviness seems to weigh me down. But Lord I know that Your grace is sufficient for Your strength is made perfect in my weakness. Lord I claim that strength now as I confess my own insufficiency and weakness.

Lord I ask You to be with me and to help me simply, LET GO. I know Lord that one day we will certainly meet again - for we are both Your children. Help me to see this as a short-lived period of separation which will one day blossom on a most glorious reunion – when You will wipe away every tear from my our eyes - and we will both stand before You in our heavenly home.

Lord I know that there are bound to be many times when memories and sadness will sweep over my heart – but into Your hands I commit my heart and soul and body - praying that You will never leave me nor forsake me – as You have promised.. Thank You Lord, in Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment